Monday, December 5, 2011

Don't waste!

Think of every bad or scary thing that has happened in the last three years.  

I thank God for each one of them, because they have allowed me to grow and learn to be a better person. 

Think of every good and wonderful thing that has happened in the last three years. 

I thank God for each one of them, because they remind me of that I'm made to enjoy this life!  The creator of every good thing smiles when I rejoice in his creation.   

Think of every tear that has fallen from your eyes in the last three years.  Every happy tear.  Every mournful tear of loss.  

I thank God for each one that shows I am still here. I can think and feel.  Each little piece of water is like a fresh baptism for my eyes, washing me clean.  Washing away the pain of sadness, and filling me with the living water of God's unending Love.

Think of every ordinary moment spent near the ones you love.  Talking, laughing, or not speaking at all, but just being together

I thank God for every precious moment spent with my beloveds.  My dear husband, each of my children, grandchildren, Mom and Dad, my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, and the friends who are more like family, each one is a priceless gift to me that I treasure. 

Imagine and try to think of every single beat of your heart.Try to fathom how many breaths you have taken in the last three years.  How many times have you woke up in the morning to see a new day?  How many cheeks have you kissed?  How many times have you said "I love you"?  "I miss you?" "I'm sorry?" Each is a gift.  A bonus.  A treasure. 

How many times can I say "thank you"?  Lord, let every pulse, every breath, every minute be gratitude. Nothing but Love and  your goodness and mercy keep me here.  Help me NEVER squander the gift of a moment.  Help me never waste the time I have with the people in my life. 

Thank you, God for three more years!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment